The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick confers a special grace of the Holy Spirit on Catholics in the following situations:
- those who are dangerously ill through sickness or old age.
- before surgery whenever the surgery is necessitated by a dangerous illness
- elderly people...if they are weak, though not dangerously ill
- sick children...sufficiently mature to be comforted by the sacrament
- sick people who have lost consciousness or who have lost the use of reason...if...they would have requested it if they were in possession fo their faculties
If you or a loved one requires anointing, please contact the parish office at 905-683-1403 ext 104 or 105